Friday, November 2, 2012

The CMA Awards



Last night the Country Music Association gacve out their yearly awards. I didn't watch the show, but I did pull up a list of winners (scroll to the bottom) this morning.

And my first thought was:

Who in Hell are these PEOPLE?!?!?!

Toby Keith I like, and I have heard of Blake Shelton. And Willie Nelson of course.

And Believe it or not, Mac McAnally, mostly because of his work with Jimmy Buffet.

Where are Brad Paisley and Alan Jackson? George Strait? Reba McIntire?

Now I know why I don't listen to Country Radio anymore.

2 comments:

engelj06 said...

That's because you want to listen to country and not "pop light." That's why folk music is better

An Edjamikated Redneck said...

Folk as in Kingston Trio? Bluegrass as In Allison Kraus?
Real Country as in Alan Jackson?
Yep; all on my MP3 Player.

Plus, no ads on the MP 3 Player!
especially no Bronco Obama ads.

Have you seen that video?