Friday, August 31, 2012

Last Night Was Great



Best Quotes from the Republican Convention. I think they missed one; "I can't tell him to do that. I can't tell him to do that to himself."

Clint Eastwood was great last night. And you how I know exactly how much damage he did to Obama? Look at the reaction from the left. They have called him everything from dimwitted to senile. And Obama tweeted a picture of himself in his Presidential chair in response.

And then Marco Rubio. If we aren't calling him President Rubio in 20 years there is no justice in this world.

Now comes the hard part. The Republicans have talked the talk. Once we elect them will they walk the walk?

I freely admit I ain't much of a Republican; I'm a register Independent with definite Libertarian leanings. I have voted Republican since Reagan because I have never seen a Democrat I trusted enough to vote Libertarian.

We trusted them before, remember? They had the House, The Senate and the White House for 6 years. They screwed us in 2000, but we blamed the War on Terror. They screwed us in 2004; again, we blamed the War on Terror. In 2006, we fired a warning shot. They ignored it, and in 2008 we tried the Democrats.

Yeah, that really worked out well, didn't it.

In 2012 my guess is we will try them again, hopefully with both elected branches.

And then what?

The big trouble with our two party system is that it currently is a choice between Bad and Worse; Dumb and Dumber. In 2008 we thought nobody could out spend Bush.

We were wrong.

Lord, how we were wrong.

So its back to Dumb from dumber. Maybe.

We have Rand Paul now, and the Tea Party. All we can do is hope that makes a differnce.

No comments: