Wednesday, January 1, 2014

HAPPY NEW YEAR!


And I do mean Happy NEW Year!

A new year should mean new beginnings.

Or, if not a beginning as such, but a new start on old things.

Like this blog.

I always feel I have something to say, and I also feel my opinions are worth sharing. You may not agree with any of my opinions, including the one from earlier in this sentence. So be it; it is still a semi-free country. We are still allowed to express our views on topics of the day, regardless of approval of the general populace.

But, I digress. A little anyway.

The events of 2014 will have a huge impact on the future direction of this country, and I intend to do my best to influence those events. I may be a lone voice crying out in the wilderness, so lone I don't even have an echo to help break the silence, but it has to be done.

I don't think I am alone; but I do think those who believe like I do have been made to FEEL alone, even though we are, I like to believe, a vast majority in this country.

A+E and Cracker Barrel thought GLAAD represented a majority a few weeks ago; they were corrected rather quickly.

My goal this year is send that same message to Congress, to let them know how the REAL Majority thinks, by being the voice in the wilderness calling out to those who have been silenced by the vocal minority; to let them know they are not alone.

I always say that I was never interested in Politics, until Politics became interested in me. By that I mean when the government started interfering with me personally. A government that can demand I perform an action solely to protect myself from myself is a government with too much power.

The Seat Belt Laws are the ones that alerted me to the fact the servants I thought I had elected believed I had elected a boss. Government had become interested in me.

So this year I intend to let Government know I am interested in them.

Hopefully with a little help from my Friends!

No comments: