Tuesday, January 11, 2011

SNOW DAY!!!!


Not that it means the same thing as when I was a kid. I don't get the WHOLE day off, but I do get to work from home, so no fighting the traffic and slick roads.

Of course, it also means I have to be cooped up inside while the kids are outside making merry in the snow. All day I will hear the sledding reports and the blow-by-blow of the snowball fights, and not get to participate.

I do get to participate in the tracked-in snow, the piles of wet clothes and cold drafts caused by the back door being constantly either open because somebody is going in or out, or because whoever went in or out just flat left the door open.

I stepped out onto the back porch and took a couple of shots with the camera this morning; this is one of them. Snow is pretty when it's falling.

Provided I don't have to go any where in it.

No comments: