Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Another Dang Birthday


Yeah, its mine. Which birthday will remain classified, but I was born during the Eisenhower Administration.

What is there to say?

Can you really age gracefully? I read articles all the time about 8o year olds running 10 miles a day, or competing in weightlifting competitions. Or what about that 100 year old guy a few years ago? Still drives his own car to the golf course daily and recently hit a hole in one.

Bit there are over 36 million people in this country over the age of 65, and we hear about 10 (maybe) still enjoying life.

What does THAT tell you?

Who was it who said: "anybody who says they can do at 50 what they did at 25 didn't do squat at 25"?

I can't remember who it was. Damned Old-Timers kicking in I guess. But I'll bet he was like me.

Over 50, sore half the time and tired the other half.

Maybe I was this way at 25 too; I just don't remember it, or maybe I just didn't let it stop me?

Ah well, too much contemplation for a Wednesday morning. Tonight I'll celebrate a little; I still have a couple of shots of Woodford Reserve left over from my last birthday, and tomorrow starts another year.

No comments: