Monday, November 9, 2009

Right Place, Right Time and I Look Like a Genius



So much of taking a great picture is to be in the right place at the right time.

With the right equipment.

Here I am about 6 months ago cruising back from West Virginia and the perfect sunset pops into view as we top a hill.

The cell phone comes out and the picture is taken before the scene disappears forever.

My Mom's Dad was a great photographer and movie maker back in the day when point and shoot still mean a .45 caliber and not a 35 mm. I still have the camera he took pictures of me with when I was a baby, and some of the movies he shot as well.

Taking good snapshots is more than aim and shoot. Composition of the shot, color or shading, focus for depth of field, use of the light and shadow; it all adds up.

I like to flatter myself and believe I inherited his eye. A few more shots like this and I may be able to start to prove it.

No comments: