Sunday, June 6, 2010

I'm The Reason the Economy is So Bad



I don't hire anybody to do anything.

Take this project.

About 8 years ago my brother bought a pool table. It was a retired coin operated one that had had the change box removed. And it came wih a new felt.

As his location was somewhat less than ideal, to say the least, he never replaced the felt.

When he moved he had no room for the table and when my son bought his house 2 years ago, this pool table was just about the first thing he moved in.

To his garage.

By then it had been disassembled. The felt was completely shot and the bunpers and slate (yes, slate, not slates; this slate is 47" by 90" by an inch thick) had been removed.

After almost 2 years in the garage last weekend we moved it into the basement, and over the last few evenings I installed the 8 year old felt on the table and recovered all of the bumpers.

I don't think it turned out to bad for my first one.



It seems to play well. I won the game I played on it, and promptly retired undefeated!

No comments: