Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Celebrate and Be Joyful




I heard about this on the radio this morning and thought it was neat.

I have always believed that a funeral should be a celebration of the life of the deceased, and not a dirge. Face it, as Christians we should believe that I am now in a better place, and you should be happy for me.

Unless you believe I was a serious SOB, and am now burning in the fires of Hell.

Anyway, I think the idea of celebrating this guy's life with one more trip through the traps was a great way for his family to celebrate his life. I just need to come up with something similar for my funeral. It's not like I need to come up with something tomorrow; I plan on being around another 50 years or so.

At this point I am looking toward something to do with beer. Maybe have the HofBrau Haus cater the funeral, complete with a keg of Dunkel?

No comments: