Sunday, October 4, 2009

About Last Night...



We were hunting for something to watch and found our old copy of Toy Story 2 last night. It is one of my favorite movies, as it does what I have many times said is all I need from a movie; a Good Story, Convincingly Told. If you have never seen the Toy Story series, do your self a favor; rent a couple of kids (you would be suprised at how cheaply some parents wll let them go for a couple of hours. Take the kid to a movie and feed it dinner; Mom and Dad consider that a good trade for a couple of hours of peace and quiet for some reason) and go see them both on the big screen in the next two weeks. Then you will be ready for Toy Story 3 when it comes out next June.

Shoot, just the outtakes during the credits at the end of Toy Story 2 are worth seeing the movie for. First the idea there are goofs in the acting of an animated movie is a gag, then some of the scenes are simply hilarious, like when Stinky Pete gets caught with 2 Barbie Dolls in his box.

I actually liked '2' better than '1'. One was good, but a little creepy. '2' is just FUN! The trailer doesn't say much about the new movie, but does put each character into character, so I am looking forward to seeing it. The trouble is I no longer have a kid who is young enough to qualify as a reason to go see a kid's cartoon. I guess I'll need to rent one. Maybe I can borrow the granddaughter...

No comments: