Tuesday, June 2, 2009

The mail has brought another letter from my Cousin

Dear Cousin Red,

I was up in the big city t’other day and saw some of the funniest ads on the TV in the bar… I mean place I was in. As usu’l I am a bit cornfused and reckon you can straighten me out.

I kept seein’ ads for all kinds of things to save work around the house. Which ain’t bad. I’m all for workin’ only as hard as I need ta.

But why do the same folks who spend 5 grand on a machine to cut grass that they can ride, so they don’t have to walk though the yard, then go and spend another thousand dollars on a machine they can walk on in their livin’ room?

I ain’t figured that out yet Cousin.

If’n these folks would start chasin’ that lawnmower ‘round the yard twice a week, they could quit paying money to work up a sweat.

That’s another thin’ I just can’t get my head ‘round. Why does a feller pay somebody so hey can work up a sweat?

I’m here to tell ya; if I’m sweatin’, and money is changin’ hands, I sure as there’s foam on beer ain’t gonna be a’spendin’ it. I’m gonna be earnin’ it.

Well Cousin, I guess that’s about it. I hope to hear back from you as soon as y’all is able.

Best wishes from all of us in the Holler,

Throckmorton Q. Sheisseschnitter

No comments: