Saturday, May 30, 2009

Age Appropriate Television

Okay, so last weekend I watched a couple of shows a man of my age shouldn’t have.

And no, I’m not talking about SpongeBob Squarepants and Penguins of Madagascar (those are only with the granddaughter; I pinky swear). I watched the lumberjack competition and the Strongest Man contest on ESPN. You ought to have to verify you are under 30 before you can watch something like that.

I spend a half hour watching a group of guys throw around 4 and 5 hundred pounds like its nothing and then go cut the yard- with a pushmower, like I am a he-man too. Well, I ain’t. Anymore.

Toby Keith has a great song and video, As Good As I Once Was (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9f-lXqUZ18) that I think has become the anthem of the seasoned gentleman, like me. Old enough to know better, still young enough not to care. Until the next morning.

No comments: