Sunday, December 13, 2009

I Have Been Trying To Figure This Out


Last weekend I spent some time in the presence of someone who knew Ronald Reagan.

Without a doubt, the highlight of my drab existence for the last (almost) 50 years. My brush with greatness.

But how to blog about it, without sharing details that probably shouldn't be made public?

This is probably the best I will be able to do, to give you a sense of what it was like.

While I was at the bottom of the Air Force's enlisted heap, she was working with Reagan to defeat the Russians. Last week we discussed Reagan's Cold War policies.

Absolutely mind blowing.

The context of our meeting was for a historical project I am working on- unrelated to the Cold War- so this was a bonus, not the main event.

It is incredibly frustrating to NOT to be able to blog about the year's highlight.

Mais alors, c'est la vie!

No comments: