Saturday, August 22, 2009

I am Doing a Little Traveling





I just got back to my hotel and had a few minutes before my next appointment and wanted to get a post up while I had a chance.

I am in Denver this weekend- the Mountains are the view from my hotel- and the other shot is from where we had lunch. And no, I did not have the 7 pound Breakfast burrito, although I was nominated for the opportunity, I had to respectfully decline. I was in this club last night and the music gave me a headache, and left my stomach a little queasy. At least that’s my story and I’m stickin’ to it.

I did have a Meatlover’s Taco Salad that was fantastic and almost 7 pounds in itself. Jack and Grill serves a hamburger (a single mind you) that could have fed some families for a week- absolutely huge. I am definitely marking this place down for a return visit, next time I am in Denver. Which will probably be August of next year.

I am here on business, and the news is mixed. Some of the housing industry soothsayers are predicting the foreclosure boom to continue well in 2011, maybe 2012, and the attendant housing price drop to continue as well. Great news for the foreclosure industry; bad news for the country’s economy.

There also seems to be a lot of cash available for housing buyers all around the country. One man I talked to told he is seeing a lot of cash sales in Southern California in the $750,000 range, and all of the buyers were Oriental. Possibly some Chinese cash coming back?

I'll have more time to get my thought together this week and maybe do a more detailed post later in the week.

No comments: