Sunday, July 11, 2010

Spies in the State Department is Not News


I found this, as usual, thorugh Instapundit.

I haven't been following this episode very closely. Aren't Russian spies, like, so Eighties?

Even finding them in the State Department is as old as McCarthy fer cryin' out loud.

But what caught my eye in this article is that under his assumed name one of these spies earned a Master’s in Public Administration from Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government in 2000. And Harvard is debating whether or not to revoke the degree.

My question:

Was it difficult for an avowed Communist to earn this degree?

If there is any accademic rigor in this place at all, then this degree requird hours of classwork, tests, papers and most likely classroom discussion.

I have no idea if he did well; Hell, we can't even get Obama's grades out of Harvard. State secrets? No problem; delivered in the morning mail. But unlike our latest technology and war plans, Harvard Grades are important. But; I digress.

This Spy did well enough to graduate.

When an avowed Communist can graduate from Harvard’s John F. Kennedy School of Government, what does THAT say about Harvard?

No comments: