Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I Wish I Could Blog From My Car.

Everyday on the way home I have a great idea for a post. The whole thing is laid out from title to final, funny line.

And then I get home, eat some dinner, interact with the family for a bit, do some items from the chore list and then sit down at the computer to write a post….

And nothing. What was that Pulitzer Prize (is there a Pulitzer for blogging? Why ain’t there? But, I digress) post that I had so carefully crafted just a few hours ago?

Oh, I remember now! It was about… no, that ain’t it. Was it…? Nope, not that either.

Crappola.

Oh well. Maybe this will work.

Have you ever noticed that when you don’t have time to stop for gas (you know, late for work or some such) every gas station you pass has gas for next to nothing, but on your way home the price has jumped 30 cents?

Yesterday I was on my way to work, running a little late as usual, and the BP had premium for $1.82 a gallon. Sweet! I’ll stop on the way home!

On the way home it was $1.92; this afternoon it was $2.12. What the hell is up with that? Did I miss the refinery blowing up? Or was it Argentina?

I guess that’s life. You get one shot at the big deal; don’t blow it.

No comments: