Saturday, February 21, 2009

I have always said I can get through anything, as long as I have bourbon

I was actually looking forward to 4 years of the Obama administration. I figured it would give me multiple reasons to seek solace in a bottle of Kentucky's finest.

And I have too. I have spent more on bourbon in the last 4weeks than I did during the first 4 years of the Bush administration. I just hope to hell when Obama gets around to nationalized health care it includes liver transplants.

And you know he will. Nationalize Health Care I mean. Liver transplants for conservatives won't be covered. You only get a new liver if you drank yourself silly on cheap wine and Donkey Kool Aid. But, I digress.

I found out today the fine Commonwealth of Kentucky is talking about raising liquor taxes. I guess they figure that booze is the last thing that gets cuts from a budget when the Democrats are in charge.

So now I’ll need to figure out how to get by without buying bourbon. Time to do a little backyard distilling I guess. Trouble is, good bourbon has to age 4 years, and by then Obama will be gone.

But then again, who really thought he’d get elected the first time?

Let’s see;

Oak barrel; Check.
Corn to ferment: Check.
Copper for the still…

No comments: